When it comes to choosing flooring for a country house, the most logical solution is a solid wood floor. Residents of a city apartment often use laminate flooring, linoleum, or Solid Hardwood but Engineered Wood Flooring is laid out quite rarely. Let’s find out what are the pros and cons of the two last solutions.
Engineered Wood Flooring Cons
Wood is a natural material, and this is its main advantage. Now such materials are in fashion, although they are not appropriate in any interior style. Their main advantages include:
- Durability. If you use high-quality, dried, not infected with rot and treated with antiseptics board, such floors can last up to a hundred years.
- Heat capacity. Natural wood is a warm material. Heat leakage through a wooden floor is minimal.
- Ecological purity, hypoallergenic. Although the treatment with antiseptics and fire retardants somewhat reduces the environmental friendliness of wood, it cannot be neglected.
Engineered Wood Flooring Pros
- The process of laying boards is rather time-consuming. Violation of the technology of installation threatens the formation of cracks, creaking, to eliminate which sometimes you have to completely restart the floor.
- Installation taking into account the payment of services of qualified craftsmen and the cost of related materials is more expensive than laying any other flooring.
- Wooden floors are quite whimsical to care, they need regular treatment with protective compounds.
Solid Hardwood Cons
- Ease of maintenance. Hardwood floors are durable and have stood the test of time. Wooden hardwood floor is enough to sweep or vacuum, and sometimes wipe with a damp cloth.
- Significance. Having put hardwood flooring in your house, you are making an investment in the future. After all, if you plan to sell your apartment, keep in mind that houses with hardwood are more expensive.
- Suitable for the interior in any style. Hardwood floors are used in both traditional and modern interiors.
Solid Hardwood Pros
- Cost. Hardwood floors are an expensive option, especially if exotic woods are used. Floors must be installed by technology, and most homeowners cannot handle this work on their own. Therefore, it is necessary to allocate a budget for laying a hardwood by a construction organization.
- The need for periodic finishing. During operation, abrasions and scratches appear on the hardwood floor, which should be polished.
- Noise. Wood floors can make a noticeable noise when walking on them, and thus bring discomfort to your neighbors if you live in an apartment building.